Free download pdf book Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science: An Example-Based Introduction – 1st Edition by Jon Pierre Fortney
Overview of the pdf book Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science: An Example-Based Introduction – 1st Edition
Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science: An Example-Based Introduction is meant for a first- or second-12 months discrete arithmetic course for pc science majors. It covers many vital mathematical subjects important for future pc science majors, comparable to algorithms, quantity representations, logic, set idea, Boolean algebra, capabilities, combinatorics, algorithmic complexity, graphs, and timber.
- Designed to be particularly helpful for programs on the group-school leve
- Ideal as a first- or second-12 months textbook for pc science majors, or as a common introduction to discrete mathematic
- Written to be accessible to these with a restricted arithmetic background, and to help with the transition to summary thinkin
- Filled with over 200 labored examples, boxed for simple reference, and over 200 apply issues with reply
- Contains roughly 40 easy algorithms to help college students in turning into proficient with algorithm management constructions and pseudocod
- Includes an appendix on primary circuit design which supplies an actual-world motivational instance for pc science majors by drawing on a number of subjects coated within the book to design a circuit that provides two eight-digit binary quantity
Jon Pierre Fortney graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1996 with a BA in Mathematics and Actuarial Science and a BSE in Chemical Engineering. Prior to returning to graduate college, he labored as each an environmental engineer and as an actuarial analyst. He graduated from Arizona State University in 2008 with a PhD in Mathematics, specializing in Geometric Mechanics. Since 2012, he has labored at Zayed University in Dubai. This is his second arithmetic textbook.