Free download pdf book Write Great Code, Volume 2, 2nd Edition: Thinking Low-Level, Writing High-Level – 2nd Edition by Randall Hyde
Overview of the pdf book Write Great Code, Volume 2, 2nd Edition: Thinking Low-Level, Writing High-Level – 2nd Edition
Thinking Low-Level, Writing High-Level, the second quantity within the landmark Write Great Code collection by Randall Hyde, covers excessive-degree programming languages (similar to Swift and Java) in addition to code technology on 64-bit CPUsARM, the Java Virtual Machine, and the Microsoft Common Runtime.
Today’s programming languages provide productiveness and portability, but additionally make it straightforward to jot down sloppy code that is not optimized for a compiler. Thinking Low-Level, Writing High-Level will train you to craft supply code that ends in good machine code as soon as it is run by a compiler.
You’ll be taught:
• How to investigate the output of a compiler to confirm that your code generates good machine code
• The forms of machine code statements that compilers generate for frequent management constructions, so you’ll be able to select the perfect statements when writing HLL code
• Enough meeting language to learn compiler output
• How compilers convert numerous fixed and variable objects into machine information
With an understanding of how compilers work, you can write supply code that they will translate into elegant machine code.
NEW TO THIS EDITION, COVERAGE OF:
• Programming languages like Swift and Java
• Code technology on trendy 64-bit CPUs
• ARM processors on cell phones and tablets
• Stack-based architectures just like the Java Virtual Machine
• Modern language techniques just like the Microsoft Common Language Runtime